The Neville Public Museum
Request Access to Our Collections
Researchers are welcome to use the Museum's library and collections, including the extensive historic photograph and news film collections, by appointment.
Make An Appointment
The Neville Public Museum of Brown County will assist and provide access to groups or individuals whose purposes fall within the mission of the Museum. Access may be limited by policy restrictions, space, staff time, or care and security of the collections.
- Certain Native American tribes are interested in notification of research concerning themselves. Researchers should consider notification and consultation with appropriate groups.
- The Museum reserves the right to request a reference from researchers.
- Smoking, eating, drinking are not permitted in permanent collections or library areas. Researchers will use only pencils while conducting research. Coats, hats briefcases, etc. will be appropriately stored away from research areas. All access is subject to close supervision by Museum staff.
- Access to documentation is subject to federal and state laws governing both open records and rights to privacy.
- The Museum reserves the right to charge a fee to researchers if it is determined that excessive time and/or materials are required for a project.
- Reproduction is negotiated on a per case basis.
The Museum requests that a copy of the final report, article, or paper and any auxiliary materials be filed with the Museum's Collections Department within a reasonable period.
Become a Member
Membership offers many great benefits — free admission, gift shop discounts, VIP status at events, and more! Click here for details.
Volunteer at the Museum
Volunteers are indispensable to the operation of the museum. Adults, high school students, and potential interns are invited to check out our unique and fun volunteer opportunities. Click here to learn more.