Since 1915, an outstanding collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents has been collected. From its humble beginning in the basement of the former Kellogg Library on Jefferson St., the museum’s permanent collection today includes over 100,000 three-dimensional objects and approximately 750,000 images that represent our local and regional communities, as well as 4 million feet of news film and home movies. All of these items belong to the people of Brown County, Wisconsin.
Inside the collections, a researcher may consult a variety of Museum resources including:
- Permanent collection of over 100,000 three-dimensional historic and prehistoric artifacts.
- Library with books and periodicals relating to the collection and regional history.
- Photograph collection of about one million images and four million feet of news film.
- Archive of manuscript materials, public records, maps, newspapers, and a special collections library.
- A reference Guide to Papers